Friday, June 24, 2011

Where were you?



I finally got to see The Tree of Life, and it was worth the wait. I sat up front, and I could feel the collective "WTF?" from the people behind me, but that's their deal. The film was so private and emotional, like getting to listen in on a troubled person's prayer to God. While the creation sequence gets the majority of talk, for me it was the middle section that followed Jack's childhood and discovery of the world that stood out to me. The child actors were so fantastic and really made the film.


Before the film, I wanted to see how this film felt next to Tokyo Story, my favorite "how life is" film. For me, the film addresses the same issues of disappointment and questioning and I think they would make for an interesting double feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment